Sausage and Potato Casserole RecipeIngredients:
- 2 cups frozen hash brown style potatoes
- 8 oz turkey sausage, chopped
- 1 cup corn kernels (thawed if using frozen)
- 1 cup bell peppers, cut into strips
- 3/4 cup reduced fat shredded cheddar cheese
- ½ medium onion, chopped
- 1 cup fat-free skim milk
- ½ cup egg substitute
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp Kosher salt
- ¼ tsp black pepper
Preheat oven to 350°F. Spray a square or rectangular baking dish with non fat cooking spray. Pour in the potatoes, peppers and onion, then top with sausage.
In a small bowl, beat together milk, garlic powder, egg substitute, salt and pepper; pour over sausage and then top with cheese. Bake until casserole is cooked through and cheese is browned, about 45 minutes or so. Evenly cut into 6 pieces.
Entire recipe makes 6 servings
Serving size is 1/6 of casserole
Each serving = 5 Points +
* I used 1.5 cups milk. 1 cup of egg substitute. one whole onion. one whole bell pepper. I don't like to have leftovers when it comes to onions and peppers because they always end up going bad. I also defrosted my hash browns and mixed all the dry ingredients (including some of the cheese) together in a large bowl before putting it in the pan and adding the egg mixture, and remaining cheese. It came out amazing, and at only 5 points, or roughly 230 calories per serving (6 servings per recipe) it's a super delicious, super healthy, and super easy dinner.