Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Learning Lessons the Hard Way (also known as, the way I like to learn things)

I realize that it's Tuesday and I should be posting the results of this week's weigh in but I haven't had a chance to make a mockery of the winner with a biggest loser poster yet, so it will have to wait until later.

Right now I would like to address the issue of alcohol, and how it ruined my week 3 weigh in. Coming up on last Friday I was down 1+ lbs from my week 2 weight and I was feeling pretty confident about the upcoming weigh in. Then a light beer, and a martini happened. Then we went home and found ourselves a big bunch of gin just waiting to ambush. Really, it was terrifying. Saturday morning I picked myself up and dusted myself off, content to power through the rest of the weekend being a good girl. That was all well and good until Saturday night at the birthday party at the Rod and Gun Club.

There was cheap booze and free food everywhere! I did ok. Just one plate of food. A trip or two to the cracker and cheese platter. A handful of chips. At some point these facts get a little hazy. But I know it wasn't that bad. The food anyways, the alcohol is a bit of a different story. I could lie and say I didn't drink too much, but that wouldn't be right. Luckily since I've been dieting I haven't been drinking much, so my tolerance is low. That's right boys! CHEAP DATE!


Anyways... after drinking bloat? Massive water retention? Feeling like a big bag of old assholes? All of the above. So Monday morning I weighed in and of course I'm a pound heavier than last week. Which means I gained two pounds in two days. That's terrible news. I was upset.
Don't worry. This morning I woke up and weighed myself and I'm now a pound lighter than I was at the last weigh in. It just took a day too long for the alcoholic fats to wear off.
The moral of this week's story kids is that... well, there's two morals. Moral number one: Monday weigh ins were a bad idea. Moral number two: All drinking must now be done during the week (preferrably outside of actual work hours).


I hope we've all learned something here today.

No comments:

Post a Comment