Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Can't get my balance, and for once it's not from drinking


Here's my weight loss blog update.
I haven't lost any weight.



To be specific, I haven't lost any MORE weight. I also haven't gained any so I guess it's not too bad.
Here's a couple other things I haven't been doing:

the dishes
exercising
cleaning the bathroom
plucking my eyebrows regularly
taking in my work pants so that I can stop looking like a hobo

Here's what I HAVE been doing:

work
schoolwork
driving to work
driving home from work
making Halloween costumes

I have to change this but I'm struggling.
I think the hardest part for me is that when I started dieting it was so easy. I literally just decided that I was going to do it and then I did; for like six months. I changed my eating habits a little and dropped 38 pounds. I logged everything I was eating, I counted all my calories, and I tracked my weight loss by the week. BUT NOW...

I can't seem to remember to log my food. I haven't gone back to eating like I was before, but I'm not paying attention to every calorie either. It's not that I can't remember, it's that I can't seem to convince myself that it's important. What's that about?

The added responsibility of school in the last 8 weeks is my biggest issue. I know that I have time to do both, but I'm so paranoid that I'm going to fall behind that I'm not setting any time aside to exercise. Of course I've spent countless hours sewing these Halloween costumes, but that's because there's a deadline on that. No deadline on the weight loss thing.

I can't figure out how to get my brain back in the game.
I'm trying today though.
For the first time in two months I logged back into my Fitwatch.com account and logged my food. I also set new weight loss goals for myself. As of right now (and based on the fact that when I weighed myself two weeks ago I was 167) my short term goal is to be 158 by November 11. That's four(ish) weeks to lose 9 pounds. It's a mildly aggressive goal, but definitely one that I'm capable of accomplishing. My long term goal is a bit trickier. Right now I've got it set at 145 lbs by January 9th 2012 (my 30th birthday). The tricky part is that I don't know if 145 is going to be too thin for me. So we'll have to see how it goes and adjust accordingly.
ALSO: (after a little bit more research) I am 99% sure that I'm going to rejoin the gym. The only thing that I need to find out is if there is a grace period for dropping your enrollment without paying the fee. Basically I just want to make sure that my foot isn't going to crap out on me again. I have faith that it will be fine. I've walked and jogged many miles in my Vibram Five Fingers (shoes) without any complaint from my stupid tailor's bunion, so I don't see why it would be any different if I'm hoofing it on the treadmill, or pumping away on the elliptical. So if I can get a couple weeks to try it out before I'm officially locked in then I'm definitely joining back up. It's $20 a month with no start-up fee, plus unlimited tanning (which is such a nice treat during the winter months).

So yes. This is my plan.

This butt = (almost) back on track.


No comments:

Post a Comment