Tuesday, September 20, 2011

An Award and a Challenge

Lots of news to share with you this morning!
First, I got an award from the lovely and inspirational Sarah over at Fat So Sarah (you should check out her blog). Sarah's blog is one that always inspires and motivates me to get my head back in the game when I get distracted and wander off this whole "getting healthy" path. I love her no bullshit approach to things, for me it's what makes her blog worth following.
Oh yeah, here's the award:

About the award:The Liebster Blog Award is designed to bring additional recognition to those bloggers with less than 200 followers. If you receive the award, you should link back to the blogger that nominated you and nominate five more blogs. (copied from Sarah's blog)

Now I feel a little bit bad because I know I'm supposed to nominate five other blogs, but really the only blogs that I've been keeping up with are Sarah's and Heather's and they've both already got this award. I will do better, and I will post links to new blogs that I come across as I find them. As for right now, just check out Sarah and Heather. Because I said so.

OK! Second, I'm joining a new challenge (run by Sarah) and I'm really excited about it because it combines some really wonderful things: weight loss, exercising, drinking water, Christmas, and (my personal favorite) a new dress!!! The challenge goes like this:

The Christmas Dress Challenge!
  1. Buy or find a picture of a dress in a smaller size (the size you're aiming to reach by the end of the challenge) The idea is to buy the dress to use as motivation, but it's not required.
  2. On or before Sunday, Sept. 18th, make your first post with a picture of your dress, your starting size & weight and your goal size & weight.
  3. Aim for a healthy caloric intake each day
  4. Exercise a minimum 3x a week
  5. Drink water (not soda, not diet soda, not energy drinks...etc...)
So I haven't found a dress online that I'm absolutely in love with yet, and the dress that I found in the store that I am in love with isn't online anywhere... of course. So what I'm going to do is post my information and keep looking for my dress. I may even find a pattern and make my own!
I'll do a separate post to start the challenge officially.
aaaaandd yeah.... that's it?
I think that's it.


No comments:

Post a Comment