Tuesday, August 2, 2011

So this past weekend I found a new love! I know it was fast but I really feel like we're just perfect for each other...

I'm talking about white water rafting.

My friend Jeremy is getting married on August 5th, and his bachelor party was this past Sunday. Since there were strict rules about no strippers the best man had to come up with some ideas other than booze and boobies, and he struck gold with white water rafting. This is something that I never really thought about doing, partially because it made me a little nervous, but mostly because it just never occurred to me that it might be something I would enjoy.

It was amazing.
Seriously.
It was super fun, but also a GREAT workout (if  it wasn't so expensive).

I'm already trying to plan another trip. If I had the money I'd be trying to go next weekend. Still have to pay Neil back for this trip. Stupid money. I need a second job to feed my new addiction I guess.

Anyways, here is the group after our trip with our guide Al (in the red shirt). We could not have gotten more lucky with the guide we were assigned. He was awesome and seriously easy to look at, which was probably only a bonus for me given that everyone else was either a straight male, or an un-single female...my only regret is not getting a picture of him without his shirt on. Oh well...



I don't have any pictures of the actual rafting yet, but the groom did buy a couple of the ones that the Crab Apple photographer took, so I'll put those up when I get hold of them.

Here's a couple from the rest of the evening.

I photo BOMB!

The boys do some shots at the Hotel Vernon.

Throwing peanut dust at the groom, a time honored tradition.

The best man wears my glasses.

The groom, not exactly as drunk as he looks.

Me and Neil, BF's since like 1998ish.      


It was a great day. How was your weekend?

No comments:

Post a Comment