Friday, March 25, 2011

Gloaty McGoatface

Forgive me, but right now I need to be one of those obnoxious people who rubs their achievements in other people's faces. Today is Friday and I had to get up early because I needed to get to work an hour early so that I can get out early to begin the boyfriend's birthday weekend festivities. Of course last night I was up until 1a.m. baking and frosting a cake, and trying to figure out what I would wear to dinner this evening, so when 6:30 a.m. rolled around I wasn't feeling exactly "human". I dragged myself to the shower before realizing that, " Wait! It's Friday! You have to weigh in otherwise you'll owe money!" (and I don't even want to talk about my money situation right now). So I dragged my sorry butt into the kitchen and got on the scale. Then guess what happened!

If you just said to yourself, " She looked at the number on her green weight watcher's digital scale and realized that she had lost 4 pounds in the past week, and then proceeded to do a ridiculous underwear dance around her kitchen."
Then you are either psychic, or a pervy window peeper. Either way, you're right! Four pounds! It doesn't sound like a ton, obviously, but for one week that's pretty good. AAAANNNDD I am now officially under ten pounds away from my short term goal weight, and I've got five weeks to do it in.


I do have to admit that because this has been pretty easy for me so far I am a little bit nervous. I've only dieted twice before in my life and both of those times I did Weight Watchers (the old version), and it wasn't fun or easy. One of those times I think I accomplished very little and quickly forgot about it, and the other time I lost 17 pounds and then got distracted and quit. This time dieting has been easy and almost fun, and not nearly as much effort as WW. I'm not thinking about points values or looking things up in that little book, I'm just creating new habits and making better decisions. I am competitive and stubborn enough to stick with this challenge all the way to the end, but what about after that? I mean, I talked too much shit when this whole thing started about just how many asses I was going to kick to even begin to think about slacking off, but once I've done (or at least attempted) what I said I would will I just get bored and quit again?

Mostly I think I'll be fine. We all know that little nagging voice in the back of our heads that likes to tell us that ultimately we will fail, regardless of how well we're doing in the present so we should probably just roll around in a big pile of pizza. At least that's what my voice says... it's constantly talking about pizza...

So anyways, I've had a good morning. I'm still waiting for the other girls to forward me their weigh ins for the week so I can post those results. Stay tuned...

2 comments:

  1. Yay! Four pounds is awesome chick!!! Can't wait to see who got it this week :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a great loss! And only time can tell what you'll do after the challenge...

    ReplyDelete