Monday, October 15, 2012

October.

Just checking in for a minute friends. There has been so much going on these past few months between school and breaking up and moving and other things that I'm not really ready to talk about it. I will. Just give me a couple more weeks. All will be revealed.

What I can tell you about is how I moved out of the apartment that ex-boy and I shared and into a new place. I have these two wonderful friends who own a condo in this really cool old building, and their neighbor was looking for a roommate. So I got a sweet apartment with an awesome roommate, two adorable dogs that I love, and I get to be literally steps away from two of my most favorite people!

This is Corey (in front) and Holly (the other one). They are married and in the love... it's super gross. But they are my lesbian moms and I love them. They let me do laundry at their house, and they feed me dinner, and Corey occasionally tries to get me to drink myself to death... but we don't need to talk about that.


Pretty, aint they?

And these are my (rented) puppies. Puck (the dark one) and Miranda (the little white one). They are a brother and sister duo of unholy cuteness that my roommate rescued from the shelter.






I do not have a picture of my roommate, but he's pretty awesome too.

So things are good, in case you were wondering. I've been doing alright. This whole broken heart thing is sort of new to me. It's funny how you always think you know what it feels like, but then it's different every time.

In situations like these I'm always reintroduced to that part of myself that is eternally capable of just picking up the pieces and powering forward. The ability to hit the ground running is something I'm grateful to have. It's not that it doesn't suck, and it's not that it doesn't hurt like nothing has ever hurt before... but what are the other options here? You just walk around holding your guts in with your own hands until they learn to stay in on their own again.

 


2 comments:

  1. Hooray! You're back! Dogs beat boyfriends any day. They always love you and never complain.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to see you're back and powering through it all. Can't wait to hear more details. I really realize how much I miss your posts when I don't get to read them every day.

    ReplyDelete