Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Redecorating.

I went through this phase for... oh I don't know, about 20 years maybe, where I dyed my hair a lot. I've been literally every color from black to blonde, and onward into crazy crazy land of orange, blue, green, and purple.



So now, for some reason, the past year and half or so I've been sticking pretty close to what I think might have been my natural color. It just happened, I'm not sure why.

Anyways, yesterday I suddenly felt the greatest urge to do something really drastic. I've been growing out my hair for a really long time… pretty much since I chopped it all off one day during my senior year of high school. So I’ve been trying to grow it back since then and I can’t seem to get past this terrible shoulder length thing. So right now it looks like this:


Not the douchey looking blonde in the polo, the unhappy looking brunette with the guitar. The chick who is mere moments away from shoving a box of donut holes in her face and tearfully playing a song about how the rain is just an acoustic accompaniment to the lyrics of her tears. That girl is what my hair feels like.

Mousy.
And lame.

When I realized this I started to sort of freak out. I mean, I did turn 30 this year. Maybe that was it. Maybe I've peaked and my days of being sort of daring and fun in the fashion department are behind me..... Maybe from now on it's just a slow spiral into mom jeans and themed Christmas sweaters.

I don't like it any more than you do lady...

Alright, so I just totally bummed myself out and now I have to put my head down and take a break. Please Hold.

.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
Okay. 
It’s not even the length that’s the problem really, it’s the fact that I get bored with it. Now, being that about 80% of my decisions are barely a glimmer of a thought in my head before I’m beginning to act on them, I guess you could say that I'm a bit impulsive. So when you take my natural inability to control myself and add a decent bout of boredom you get things like this:


and this:




and occasionally this:



  My point is that I randomly got the urge to have bright ass red hair. And then I hated my haircut, so I decided to cut it. So I dyed it, and then I cut it.
And I didn't like it.
So I bought a razor.
And then I cut it some more.
And I still don't really like it.
Not that there's anything specifically wrong with it.
Nothing aside from the fact that I do everything on a whim without bothering to really think it through. If I had just been able to see that I hated my hair because it was in that final stage of awkward where it's about to go from being medium length to just about long, I'd have just used my stupid hands to do other things. Things that didn't involve hacking away at my hair in an attempt to remedy what was obviously some sort of psychological problem.

I have decided that from now on instead of cutting my hair I am going to experiment with extensions. You want long hair? Presto bango! You got it.
If I ever find the time to actually do it I'll post pictures.
Until then please enjoy this....






















1 comment:

  1. a total dork like myself can see that the photo of the chick with the guitar is from a Sweet Valley High book! haha. Why I felt the need to share this with you, I have no idea. But..at least you know I'm reading (and sympathizing with hair dilemmas..)!

    ReplyDelete