Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Wanna hear something dumb?

When I was in high school I barely had acne. I was very lucky. I would have a breakout here and there, but no ongoing problems, and definitely nothing that I stressed out about. When I was about 24 or 25 all of the sudden I started breaking out on my chin. I couldn't figure it out. I tried everything, including seeing my doctor and getting a prescription. Eventually I just accepted it and learned to deal. So for the past 5(ish) years I've had a near constant breakout happening on my chin.
So last month I went to Oregon and came back really sick, remember? Well, during that time I felt like death all the time and barely felt like leaving the house, much less putting on makeup or anything. This went on for a couple of weeks. Then I started to feel normal again and guess what! My skin was the clearest it's been since high school.
Here's the stupid part. Around the same time I first started breaking out was also around the same time I started using that bare minerals makeup. So, in all of my searching for a way to clear my skin, and for a reason why I would just suddenly start breaking out in my mid-twenties did I ever once think that it was my makeup? NO! Not my very expensive, very popular makeup! I'm an idiot. Clearly. Since being sick I haven't gone back to my old makeup, and guess what! I'm back to having maybe a blemish or two every couple of weeks, but no constant breakouts. No bumpy ucky skin.
I feel stupid.
But at least I'm pretty.

High five? Anyone...?




No comments:

Post a Comment